Thursday, April 18, 2013

Blue and Purple Birthday Bash.

I usually go overboard with themes for parties. I LOVE themes! So, when this party rolled around and the guest of honor didn't want a theme- I was like "WHAT???? How am I going to throw a party without a theme?" ... anyway- at least there was a requested color pallete, so I went with that.
 

                          Sweet little tissue paper flowers and curling ribbon  for the mantel.

Tissue paper pom poms for the front room. Just a note- I bought the large ones at Hobby Lobby- they were a three pack with three sizes and honestly- they were awful! I hated them! They were lopsided and just funky! I actually bought tissue paper in the right colors also, so I made my own pom poms and flowers and they were much better than the pre-packaged! So, for the money- just make them yourself- I think you will be happier. I know I was!


This was the goodie basket table- I found a bunch of cool stuff at really good prices and let the kids pick whatever they wanted to take home. I bought table cloths in purple (just and fyi- Walmart has them for 98 cents!) and then at the dollar spot at Target I scored this metallic wrapping paper that happened to coordinate perfectly! So, I used the wrapping paper as a table runner to add some sparkle.


I made these little flowers, and the little streamer is actually a pack of table scatter circles that I just strung together with needle and thread.

This was the look when you walked in the door.


Please excuse the Mr. eating chips and salsa! So, I used the balloons on a string concept to hand balloons over the bar- it worked out really well and was super easy. However... yeah, my purple balloons look a little pink... sad... Oh, you can see I used the same paper and table cloth in here too.


This was actually my favorite thing and I didn't even get a good picture! I made a huge flower for one end of the curtain rod and then hung streamers in the coordinating colors as a curtain. I also wrapped the rest of the rod in the streamer so it coordinated. For the food eating table I actually used the table scatter as is was intended... ha! I don't usually use anything the way I am supposed to!
                     So there you have it- my un-themed party that was perfectly coordinated!

No comments:

Post a Comment